‘Whom shall I send and who will go for us?’ And I said: ‘Here I am, send me!’ – Isaiah 6:8 –
God is looking for people that dare to go to where His Gospel is not yet known. Do you have a passion for the unreached? Are you willing to go and make His love and mercy known to all people? If this is you, the SOFM might be the perfect next step!
The School of Frontier Missions (SOFM) will equip you to prepare and engage in effective ministry in unreached locations; where Jesus fellowships don’t exist. It will also prepare you as a sender, so you’ll know what the task is about. The SOFM is an environment of prayer, vision and creativity for hearing from God about the lost and needy and preparing yourself to join with Him in what He is doing among the unreached.
The lecture phase will be mainly held on Heidebeek. But a part of your lecture phase will be most likely abroad.
The outreach or internship will be different per location/focus. This will be for a minimum of 3 months to 2 years. You will receive coaching during this time.
This is not just a School of Frontier Missions (SOFM). We have a deep desire to see Gods Kingdom being build on this earth and we realised it could only be done if we work together as a body of Christ.
That’s why we try to run this school in coöperation with other YWAM locations.
The lecture phase of the school will be split up in 2 parts.
In the beginning of the lecture phase you’ll get equipped with a deep foundations of missions. Also we’ll cover subjects which we use in any location any time like: Church Planting Movements (CPM).
From week 7 – 12 you we will get more and more practical. It might be possible that some weeks will be held abroad in another YWAM locaion. We are in contact with multiple YWAM locations.
Outreach/Internship: (not mandatory)
Each location/focus will have a different outreach. Together with the schoolleader of your location you will talk about your outreach or internship. During the entire outreach/internship you’ll receive coaching. On your outreach/internship you’ll be part of a existing YWAM team.
- Biblical and Historical Foundations of Missions
- Understanding Culture, Communication and Contextualization
- Worldview and Major Religions of the World
- Trends and Current status of World Evangelization
- Pioneering, Planting and Multiplying the Kingdom of God
- Reaching thousands – Church Planting Movement (CPM) dynamics
- The DNA of multiplication, what makes a movement move?
- Practical skills and tools to meet six basic activities towards a CPM:
1.Pray+Go 2.Spread (Gospel) 3.Meet+Win 4.Disciple 5.Gather 6.Multiply Leaders
- Thinking and planning BIG about ‘what needs to be done’ on the field
- Evaluation principles; how to ask the right questions to focus on fruitfulness
- Access and field strategies
- Introduction to Mercy Ministries, Community Development and Disaster response
- Mobilizing others into Frontier locations
- Working bite sized – 4K Mapping and the Unreached
- Introduction – reaching into Spheres of Society in an unreached context
Surviving in Frontier Locations
- Developing a personal support base (Financial, Prayer, on-going Coaching, etc.)
- Cross-cultural Adaptation and Language learning
- Assisting you to prepare for the Next Step
Meet the Staff
The leaders and staff of this school we won't put on the internet out of safety reasons. All leaders and staff have worked (and are still working) for many years abroad on the frontier missionfield. We are very glad we can have such experienced people come and lead this school. For contact with the schoolleader please email: email@example.com