‘Whom shall I send and who will go for us?’ And I said: ‘Here I am, send me!’ – Isaiah 6:8 –
God is looking for people that dare to go to where His Gospel is not yet known. Are you willing to go and make His love and mercy known to all people? If this is you, we challenge you to join Mission Indonesia!
Together with your team you will live in Indonesia. YWAM Heidebeek will provide you and your team with the tools you’ll need in your preparation. After you have arrived you will start learning the language and take a School of Frontier Missions. This school will further equip you to reach the unreached.
You can join us long-term or for just one year to find out what God has for you after that.
…look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. - John 4:35b -
17.508 islands, 244.769.000 people, 79,5% Muslim, world’s biggest Muslim population, 227 unreached people groups, … Indonesia, a field ripe for harvest. There are millions of people in Indonesia who have never had the chance to respond to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. But God is moving and reports tell about thousands of people becoming believers! We want to be part of this harvest feast and see the nations reached.
It is our vision to see movements of self-multiplying fellowships of believers emerge through which the Gospel reaches each person and the Kingdom of God becomes visible in every aspect of life and society. First we focus on an area of 1.1 million people on the island of Java. But we believe the movements can go beyond this region as the Holy Spirit leads.
Mission Indonesia is a project that invites you to join this vision and helps you to go by:
- Bringing you and others together in a team
- Helping you to leave prepared
- Making arrangements together with you for in Indonesia (e.g. housing, language school, visa)
- Training you
- Supporting you on the field
Before you are ready to go you will need to have some time of preparation. Some of the things you need to arrange have to do with insurances, legal issues and fundraising. We will be available for you to ask questions, give you advice and to help where we can.
Moving to Indonesia
Next you will leave to Indonesia where you will start living on Java. Together with your team of 4 – 7 persons you will have a number of introduction and team-building days. During these days you will get to know each other. It will give you a first introduction to your surrounding, Frontier Missions, Church Planting Movements (CPMs), Indonesian language, culture and more.
To be able to make contacts, you will have to learn the language. That’s why, from Monday to Friday, you will go to a language school for 2 hours a day during this first year. But the language you will learn most by practicing it. You will have many opportunities to do so, because the Indonesian people are very relationship oriented.
From May until August you will be part of the School of Frontier Missions (SOFM) on Bali. This school will further equip you to reach the unreached. You can find more information about the SOFM on the next page.
YWAM Heidebeek will provide support for you and your team through various ways. You can think about the possibility of a personal contact at Heidebeek, a pastoral visit that will come to visit every year and regular prayer support. Also you can make use of the possibility to have the personal donations for you coming through Heidebeek and to make use of the housing facilities during a time of furlough.
In Indonesia there will be contact persons with whom your team will work together. Especially in the beginning they will help you to settle.
Long- or Short term
Our aim is to see long-term teams established that focus on starting Church Planting Movements (CPMs). But you are also welcome to join if you can’t make a long-term commitment yet and/or want to get involved in another type of ministry. For example working among women in prostitution, community development or something else in Indonesia. Just join us for a year to find out what God has for you after that. We believe this program will be of great benefit to you and we love to help you to take the step to the mission field!
The School of Frontier Missions (SOFM) will equip you to prepare and engage in effective ministry in unreached locations; where Jesus fellowships don’t exist. It will also prepare you as a sender, so you’ll know what the task is about. The SOFM is an environment of prayer, vision and creativity for hearing from God about the lost and needy and preparing yourself to join with Him in what He is doing among the unreached.
The SOFM will be part of Mission Indonesia but can also be taken as an individual school.
- Biblical and Historical Foundations of Missions
- Understanding Culture, Communication and Contextualization
- Worldview and Major Religions of the World
- Trends and Current status of World Evangelization
- Pioneering, Planting and Multiplying the Kingdom of God
- Reaching thousands – Church Planting Movement (CPM) dynamics
- The DNA of multiplication, what makes a movement move?
- The SOFM includes the ‘Harvest Multiplication Training’ nine-day seminar with experienced CPM practitioners as trainers, and many case studies to learn from.
- Practical skills and tools to meet six basic activities towards a CPM:
1.Pray+Go 2.Spread (Gospel) 3.Meet+Win 4.Disciple 5.Gather 6.Multiply Leaders
- Thinking and planning BIG about ‘what needs to be done’ on the field
- Evaluation principles; how to ask the right questions to focus on fruitfulness
- Access and field strategies
- Introduction to Mercy Ministries, Community Development and Disaster response
- Mobilizing others into Frontier locations
- Working bite sized – 4K Mapping and the Unreached
- Introduction – reaching into Spheres of Society in an unreached context
Surviving in Frontier Locations
- Developing a personal support base (Financial, Prayer, on-going Coaching, etc.)
- Cross-cultural Adaptation and Language learning
- Assisting you to prepare for the Next Step
Planning & Finances
- Optional but recommended Friendraising Training–> Check here for details and dates
- Optional but recommended Kairos Course –> Check here for details and dates
- Leave to Indonesia, start language school
- School of Frontier Missions (SOFM)
- Continue language school and developing strategy
All missionaries from YWAM live depending upon God and His people for financial provision (see our Foundational Values). This means that you can invite people you know to support you for this work. At Heidebeek we offer aFriendraising Trainingto help you make a plan.
Before you go to Indonesia you will make your own budget of the costs you expect to make. Some of the costs are about the same as living in the Netherlands. Other things like: housing and food will cost less in Indonesia. Some of the extra costs will be: your flight tickets and language school. We have an example budget available in which approximate costs for living in Indonesia and some of the extra costs are included.
Meet the Staff
No information available
From 1975-today jobs as reporter and editor at daily news papers. From 1997 on also working with YWAM Heidebeek, first ten years in communications, from 2009 in (mainly) Family Ministry. That work was partially born out of King's Kids, the ministry my wife joined in our first decade at Heidebeek. During that time we also led some GO Teams and King's Kids campaigns to countries all over the world
In 2001 I did my DTS and that changed my life and my relationship with God completely. Since 2014 I live and work at YWAM Heidebeek, at this moment at the Mercy and Justice office. My passion is to bring God's love to those who suffer and lost all hope, by being the hands and feet of Jesus in this world. Another passion I have is horseriding, I love riding together with my daughters in the forest.