The Kairos Course is a Study of the Purpose and Plan of God from Genesis to the End of the Age.
An exciting nine lesson interactive course that looks at our world from God’s perspective.
- discover the missionary thread from Genesis to Revelation
- glimpse the awesome advance of Christianity around the world
- explore the challenging, yet achievable, final frontiers of world Christian mission
- identify your part and place in the expansion and growth of God’s kingdom worldwide
- learn from some of today’s leading mission personalities, theologians and historians
This course is for everybody who wants to grow as a disciple of Christ, and wants to investigate what God is up to in this world.
Some comments of graduates:
“Conducting the Kairos couse in our church has helped us to see, as individuals and as a church, how we fit into God’s big plan.” Pastor from Australia.
“Understanding God’s heartbeat has given me a greater love for Him, compassion for the lost, zeal in service and power in prayer.” Busenesswoman in Singapore.
“It’s not a course … it’s an encounter with God and His Word, causing you to think in line with His purpose.” Missionary in South East Asia.
Kairos looks at the four essential areas of mission concern.
1. God’s Purpose and Plan
We will discover from the Bible, that mission lies at the center of all God’s concern.
- God – The Bible is the story of His Glory.
- God’s Purpose – To re-conquer His usurped kingdom and reconcile the nations to himself.
- God’s Plan – To engage His chosen people in His world-wide mission of mercy.
2. Israel, The Covenant People
We will study God’s dealing with the nation of Israel in His desire to fulfill His purposes through them.
- Israel’s Obligation – To bless and be God’s priests to the nations of the world.
- Israel’s Opportunity – God did everything for their fruitfulness and success.
- Israel’s Response – On the whole negative – but God still outworked much of His missionary purpose through them.
3. The Messiah, the Message & the Messengers
We will see that God’s concern for all nations is still His central purpose as we move into the New Testament.
- Jesus, Messiah for all peoples – Jesus, ministered to both Jews and Gentiles.
- A Message for all Peoples – Jesus’ preaching on the Kingdom was for both Jew and Gentile.
- Messengers for all Peoples – The advance of the Church into intentional missions after Pentecost.
4 . Expansion of the World Christian Movement
We trace the advance of Christianity from its beginning to the present day.
- The five periods of mission history since Christ.
- The three eras of modern missions.
- The Final Thrust.
5. Mission Strategy
We consider the place, value and nature of strategy in world Christian mission.
- The value of strategy in mission, combined with prayer and power.
- Church planting, people movements and church planting movements.
- Local churches and mission agencies.
6. The Task Remaining
We look at the mission task remaining, who and where the majority of the unreached are, and what methods should be used to reach them.
- The nations and cross-cultural evangelism – Understanding mission terms and the priority in missions.
- The major blocs of unreached peoples.
- Modern strategies and approaches in missions today.
7. World Christian Teamwork
We look at the variety of exciting ways the whole church can and must get involved in accomplishing strategic world mission.
- Teaming Up with God – Becoming a World Christian and finding our role.
- Teaming Up Locally – Active Local Church involvement in missions.
- Teaming Up Globally – Partnership worldwide to fulfill the Great Commission.
8. Cross-Cultural Considerations
We address issues, in this chapter, on communicating the gospel cross-culturally. We also look at aspects of church contextualization and its implications for seeing unreached communities of peoples discipled and won for Christ.
The Kairos Course is designed to lay a solid foundation in the life of the believer and of the local church, in world Christian mission. From this foundation, exciting and meaningful missions endeavor, can result.
Meet the Staff
Hey, I'm Bart. Studying the Bible is all about pursuing God. That's why I am also enthusiastic about our ministries. I am looking forward to dig together in God's Word to discover more of His heart and get in awe of Him.
I also enjoy playing soccer, biking through the forest and drinking coffee with friends.
No information available
From 1975-today jobs as reporter and editor at daily news papers. From 1997 on also working with YWAM Heidebeek, first ten years in communications, from 2009 in (mainly) Family Ministry. That work was partially born out of King's Kids, the ministry my wife joined in our first decade at Heidebeek. During that time we also led some GO Teams and King's Kids campaigns to countries all over the world
I am a proud husband to a wonderful wife, father of three amazing children and honored to play a part in Gods story through history. I love to help people grow into a relationship and their Godgiven destiny in His Story. It's nice to be a close witness of the transforming power of God in peoples lifes. I love fellowship, fun, patatje kapsalon, Chinese food and life itself.
No information available
Gods Kingdom will eventually breakthrough, completely and everywhere. Partnering in Gods mission for this world is what inspired me a lot in my DTS. It is my desire that this mission will be a guidance for myself and my family, out of His grace. I will be co-leading the Mini DTS 2017. Blessings and welcome to YWAM Heidebeek!
Hello, my name is Ellen Griffioen! In 2009 I did the Mercy Ministry DTS together with my husband at Heidebeek. In 2010 we started working at Heidebeek. Before that I worked as a primary school teacher. I am 28 years old, married to Remco and mother of Joah. It is wonderful to be involved with the DTS and see God at work!